Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Who are eligible to apply as the participants and attendees of ISFPYT?
ISFPYT is open for undergraduate, graduate students, and entry-level professionals (within 3 years’ experience)
2. What is the difference between participants and attendees?
Since ISFPYT has two kinds of sessions including public session and exclusive session, we divided our audiences into ‘participant’ and ‘attendees’. “Participants” are those who are allowed to attend all of the sessions including exclusive session, it is limited to the selected 30 individuals from Indonesia and Singapore and “attendees” are those who are welcome to join only the public sessions, regardless of their nationalities and quantity.
3. Which sessions are the public ones and exclusive ones?
Public sessions include; Special Dialogue, Youth Talks with Experts, and Powerful Conversations.
The exclusive sessions include; Most Concerning Issues Session, Climate Crisis Simulation, Roundtable Discussion, and Networking Session.
4. Is it required for everyone who wants to apply as a participant to submit supporting materials (videos, portfolios, articles, etc)?
Yes! if you are willing to join as a participant, it is highly recommended for you to submit the requested material. You may choose one of the options that we have provided or any similar substances you believe is a good display of yourself which shows your ability and interest in foreign policy. Let us know that you are a good fit to our program!
Important note: Supporting materials are only required for participant. Attendees don’t have to worry about it. :)
5. When is the deadline of registration?
There are two timelines of registration in ISFPYT. For the participants, registration will be opened from 10 January 2022 - 21 January 2022. Meanwhile, for the attendees, registration will be opened from 28 January 2022 - 11 February 2022. Please submit your application before 23.59 Indonesian Western time/ 22:59 Singaporean time.
6. Will there be any interview session for participants selection?
Yes. Only for those who have successfully passed our screening phase, will receive an invitation to do a short phone interview between the 22nd of January to 26th January 2022.
7. When will the accepted participants be notified?
The announcement of selected participants will be send directly through email on 27 January 2022.
8. Am I allowed to only join in one day or is it required to be present on both days?
Attendees are welcome choose any sessions they would like to attend, in which they have selected on the registration form. Meanwhile, participants must attend all sessions.
9. Does ISFPYT only strict to participants and attendees with a background of social sciences?
Attendees are not limited to only those who study social sciences, all public sessions are welcome for anyone who are interested in foreign policy. However, we highly encourage all the selected participants (30 individuals) to be those who study International Politics, International Economy, International Political Economy, Diplomacy, Security, Global Affairs and any other similar academic group.